Avoid Extra Fees
It's the law... According to Texas law, not paying a toll is a misdemeanor offense. A Late Fee of $4.00 will be applied to all monthly statements with a past due amount.
Tips to help avoid extra fees:
- Keep money in your TxTag account. If you do not have enough money in your TxTag account to pay your tolls, you will be charged at the higher Pay By Mail rates until your account is replenished. Customers can sign up to receive low balance notifications via email or text message.
- Ensure your account information is up to date. It's important to keep current your license plate, vehicle, and credit/debit card information to prevent billing errors. Also, if we have your correct email, mobile phone number, and/or mailing address, we can contact you if your account balance is low or if a problem arises.
- Update your TxTag account when you get a new license plate. When a TxTag is not read properly by the toll equipment, the TxTag Customer Service Center attempts to match the license plate on the vehicle to a TxTag account. If your new license plate is not linked to your TxTag account, you will receive a statement in the mail with the tolls charged at the higher Pay By Mail rates.
- Update your vehicle registration information if you move. By law, statements must be mailed to the vehicle owner at the address listed in the state's vehicle registration records, even if registration renewal notices go to a different address. If you have moved, call your county tax office or download Form VTR-146 to update the address on your vehicle's title. If your address information on file with the Texas DMV is not current, you may not receive statements on time, which could result in late payment charges.
- Notify us if your vehicle is sold or stolen. You must deactivate your TxTag by contacting the TxTag Customer Service Center as soon as possible if your vehicle is sold or stolen. If you receive a toll Statement for a vehicle you no longer own, file a vehicle transfer notification form and call us at 1-888-468-9824 after you receive confirmation of the title transfer from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
Visit our FAQs page for more information about toll charges and fees.